Associazione Vita Indipendente Umbria (AVI Umbria) Onlus
AVI Umbria Onlus working for guarantee to the person with disabilities a leading role in the choices that concern them, starting from those that affect the health and therefore the quality of their life.
The association is developing activities to promote at local and national level a new culture of disability for the effective recognition of the rights of people with disabilities.
Its main issues are: independent living, protection of the rights of persons with disabilities, community empowerment, empowerment of the persons with disabilities, social inclusion, skills development of persons with disabilities.
- Promoting the right of Indipendent Living for the people with disabilities mainly through operational support of the Centro per l’Autonomia Umbro who is born with an innovative project of Community Welfare presented by the AVI Umbria Onlus in 2001.
- Fostering the definition and implementation of personal project of Indipendent Life recognized among the fundamental rights of disabled people in the Convention Rights of Persons with Disabilities (C.R.P.D.) in the year 2006.
- Increasing motivation and improving capabilities of People with disabilities
- Fostering social inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Improving the communication and coordination among the non-governmental organizations witch working for defense the rights of people with disabilities.